Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Going to the hospital

It is with a very sad and heavy heart that I take Brock to the hospital today for yet another procedure. This time they will be erasing what I have grown to love the most...his smile. His smile will no longer be so wide that it encompasses the room mearly by its size. What at birth I wanted fixed so badly is now what I secretly long to keep. I have photographed it endlessly from every angle and that should bring me peace but it will not be the same in person. It was what was created by God through my body and no matter how hard I wish it would not have happened I do not want it taken away. I am so blessed to have Brock because he has taught me that a mothers love is stronger than any love in the world. I am thankful that I am lucky enough to experience this pain first hand. So off I go to rip Brock from a peaceful sleep much like he was riped from from my womb. For everyone that knows Brock I am sure you too will be feeling my pain. He is so strong..beautiful...sweet....MINE.

Love Tarah

"To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God." (Psalm 25:1a)

1 Comments:

Blogger Darcy said...

Hi Tarah,

I came to find your blog through Cleftstories.com, created by Jackie, Emily's mom.

I am always glad to meet another mommy of a cleft baby. We don't know anyone "in real life" that has been affected by a cleft, so I always find great comfort and support from the online families I've met.

As I sit here and read and get to know little Brock, I was moved to tears with this particular post. Oh I remember the tears for the wide smile I had grown to love, despite my desire for wanting it repaired as soon as Rachel was born.

I look forward to getting to know you better and following Brock on his journey!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home